At Tracy’s Kenpo Karate, our main mode of teaching is from private lessons. You pay for your private lesson, and you can attend as many group classes as you wish. There are many benefits to training with private lessons:
- You can learn from 7 to 17 times faster than group only training
- You can work and progress at your own pace
- Private lessons allow for customization to suit you best, instead of a “one size fits all” approach
- We don’t charge extra for additional family members
- Save money, the whole family can take a private lesson together for the cost of one student
- Attend any or all group classes when taking lessons
- No long term contracts, no contracts at all, pay as you go
- Pre-payment options to reduce the costs are available
What’s better, Group or Private Lessons?
Honestly, the answer is both. Private instruction will allow the student to learn 7 to 17 times faster than group instruction alone. Different people have different retention levels, abilities, and interests. However the group experience allows you to practice on different sized opponents, of varying skill levels. Group classes also give you more time to maintain a constant heart rate for a better cardio workout. We recommend 2 groups for every 1 private lesson. To meet your hectic schedules, we offer 11 different adult group classes during the week, and all are included or available as part of your private training.
Click on the underlined links below for more information about our programs.
Tracy’s Kenpo is a complete martial arts system. It’s specializes in realistic self defense for the “street”.
Shootfighting is one of the original Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). It combines stand up full contact kickboxing, including knees, with submission grappling.
Tracy’s Kenpo Karate has a MMA fight team named TeamshooT that competes throughout the year at local MMA events.
Our youth program teaches practical self defense, with other benefits too.
Tactical Aggression and Control Techniques. Specialized training for those in Law Enforcement, Security and other similar positions.
Specialized classes on a variety of topics including: Women’s Self Awareness, College Safety Preparation…
Read about our exciting new alliance to improve the sport of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)…